Paul Dunn continued with his presentation by switching gears to speak about the concept of price anchoring.
He presented a case study based upon the fact that most people remember the last thing they see or hear. The case study involved adding eight words at the end of a price quotation for a product or service
A very impactful speaker who spoke briefly the afternoon of the first day and then returned to speak to the coach’s conference (day 3) was Trav Bell, the Bucket List Guy (http://www.thebucketlistguy.com/).
- After saying that a bucket list is about what you learn about yourself during the journey, he had the entire audience participate in two hands-on exercises:
- We were given 10 minutes to begin writing our “reverse” bucket list – a list of things, adventures, accomplishments, and people we had already met or achieved that we were proud about. We then shared items from our list with a partner. This was a great exercise, one which I completed on my return flight to NY.
- After presenting his acronym MYBUCKETLIST as a framework for our bucket lists:
Meet a personal hero
Your proud achievements
Buy that special something
Conquer a fear
Kind acts for others
Leave a legacy
Satisfy a curiosity
Trav gave us 15 minutes to select a letter, add an item to our list and then act on that item. Many in the audience signed up for guitar lessons or made pledges to their favorite charity.
Both exercises were empowering and great examples of coaching. I highly recommend you seek out a partner, or coach to create both bucket lists.
Trav concluded by saying “People are dying at 40, being buried at 80.” Don’t be one of them.
Another presenter to the coach’s portion of BEF was Traci Diaz of Break Free Consulting. Traci gave us many ideas, one of which stood out:
The Central Question to ask yourself several times each day is:
“What choice can I make, and action can I take, in this moment, to create the greatest value?”
The BEF was concluded by Brad Sugars. Brad stretched everyone’s vision by challenging everyone to create their 100-year vision! He reiterated an Owner’s/CEO’s/ Leader’s responsibility to enroll and inspire their team:
- Vision – 100 years in the future, if the mission is accomplished
- Mission – the value your company brings to the world
- Culture – the rules of the game
He reminded us of the ActionCOACH formula for success
Dreams X Goals X Learning X Plans X Actions = Success
It is useless to lead a team that is not confident and productive
Productivity comes from passion and focus
Realize that the better you get at _____ the easier it becomes – tackle the difficult to make it easy.
A case study example of expanded identity:
A doctor raised his identity from doctor to entrepreneur who happens to be in the medical business. Result – went from one office with him as the only provider to nine offices with more than 400 providers.
We coach for break-throughs, not just learning.
I hope you have formed your own BFOs from this blog series.
The 2018 Business Excellence Forum will be in San Diego from February 18th to the 20th. If you wish to join me and about 700 other business owners, CEOs, leaders, executives and business coaches, or if you would like to accelerate your success, please contact me or any of my ActionCOACH colleagues. Our mission is to create
World Abundance Through Business Re-Education